8.14.2017

A few more DTGD entries

Can you believe it is already the middle of august I swear if you asked me yesterday was still July. 
It's crazy how fast the time has started going this summer for me. I forgot that I did not schedule these posts in advance this year for DTGD and no, I did not do one for every challenge this year either. 
but, here are a few more I did do samples for.
 This one was done for one of Edna's challenges. there is just a hint of color on the petals and there is also some diamond glaze on the water in the vase.

 was hoping for a shot that caught the glimmer not sure if the larger view if you click on them shows it. ( I always have to test later after the post has gone through)

The frame is a drop piece from something else that I used a waffle flower lacy layers A-7 die on the sentiment is from Altenew's thinking of you set and the vase is from Unity Stamps as we go along set.


 This is a closer look at the image panel. the peach diecut frame is a drop from the Waffle flowers lacy layers #2 set and the image is an older retired PSX image.

The sentiment in the bottom corner is from Technique tuesday's you aren't normal set and the background was done using the Tim Holtz mixed media die on the edges of the panel. all those panels ( and the cardbase) were originally an off white color which to me seems to blend a little better and not have such an obvious thing if you miss a spot of color than say a stark crisp white would. when you know you are going to cover the entire piece with ink. This was done for Tricia's challenge seen here.

Now this is a digital print out from Power Poppy and a clear stamp from them. I know shocking coming from me right? but, Miss Cheryl had this challenge and I just had to give it a go because, it was a real challenge for me. ( I also picked up a couple more of their digital images to play with some time soon too) the cup/ buttercups were printed on some thin 80# Neenah solar white (smooth) on a laser printer at work. and then I colored them with polychromo's pencils so, I did not have to worry about if the inks would be compatible if I had used markers. and because, it was thinner card, I didn't want to add water either. I did add the sentiment with Versafine in the Misti and that printed paper is an older one from Basic Grey. The yellow is not this eye-popping WOW in real life but, evidently yellow is one of those colors that goes wonky in formatting of a digital shot like some reds do. ( I hardly ever make yellow things so, its funny that there are two of them in this post.) :) I am probably going to be making a few more posts behind this later tonight with some other things that have piled up in to be blogged about folder and the good news is the end is nearly in sight on the house remodel. so, some mug shots of that too. thanks for stopping by.

2 comments:

Janice M said...

What beautiful cards Stacy! Specially loving that last one with the yellow for some reason? Not usually much of a yellow fan but Love that one! CCan't wait to see the pics of the remodel!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Stacy, I love ALL of your cards, and I really love the first one (you know I just adore flowers!!), and the second one is so sweet about how precious friendship is. I love the third one in a special way and thank you for making this card for my challenge! It's one of my favorite images, and you've made a gorgeous card with it! Your coloring is exquisite, and what perfect layout and DP! LOVE it, sweet friend! (Again, you are such an enabler! Hehe!) Hugs! xoxo