9.06.2016

Two Paper Diva's September Release {day 1}

 Now this is the most exciting tree stamps I have gotten my hands on in a long long time. ( in my mind anyways) I love those little bottle brush trees. ( I even buy them) and never take them out of the packages lol... so, When I seen this set was coming it was an Oh, what a cool idea. These are both A-2 in size and were stamped on kraft with Versafine ink.
The snowflake tree was stamped repeatedly with the green ink so, it looks a little "fuller" in the bough's.
 The flake at the top is a dress it up button and the bitty snow on the branches are actually simon says stamp flower sequins. The snow under both tree's is some handmade mulberry paper that I tore the scrap on a diagonal to give it a hill of snow look. and just reversed the scraps and wrapped them to the back sides of the stamped panel to tape it down. ( so, its a little fluffy on the front)


 The star on this version is a button that has scrappers floss in the holes and the sentiments on both of these cards are from the Everyday Sentiments set. The stamped panels were cut with stitched rectangle dies and are up on foam tape over the cream cardbases.

 another version of these tree's. this one is the smallest tree stamped with versafine (deep lagoon and vintage sepia) over a digital print out of the large mason jar on copy/printer paper. I did color dust the white paper to pale blue trying for a watery look like a snowdome. ( have you seen people make those with these tree's?) I am honestly too lazy to fill the jars an do it so, the stamped version works for me. The shaken snow inside the dome was done with nuvo glitter drops. At the time when this was done I did not own the large mason jar as a stamp by it self so, I used the lid to the smaller jars for the cap on the bottom. there is some burlap string tied on there with a snowflake button and the sentiment is from the Winter Welcome set. The printed paper is from Echo Park times and seasons pad. This one is also A-2 in real life.


 Now Dasher just made me smile in a happy memory retro kind of a way. ( I like that kind of thing) so, to me he looked like he should be flocked but, since I took him camping a couple weekends ago, he got watercolored instead.

 This one is 6" square in real life, the dasher panel is Strathmore watercolor paper and was cut with an spellbinders labels 1 die and matted with a labels 41 elements die using Basic Grey green print, the felt ribbon was something in the Micheals Christmas bin a couple of years ago. the text printed paper is from jillybean soup and the plaid is from My Minds Eye cozy Christmas ( so it has a slight bling to that paper) The Merry Christmas Sentiment is the one found in the Mason Jar Accessories 2 set.

 This Santa's name is HO HO HO. He was also a let's color him in the camper version. I knew I wanted to do something "different" and since my first thought for Christmas without fail is always red and green and gold. followed by kraft and creams... the purple for the outside edges was a totally out of the blue decision. I did color his face with copic markers (because, I don't have the patience to mix watercolors for skin tones in a "good" way yet) So, now you know where I am on that learning curve still lol. This sentiment is also from the Mason Jar Access#2 set. The water color panel was cut with a Taylored Expressions labels stack3 die, and at first I thought to make this into a gift tag, so, I cut another piece from plain smooth Neenah for a frame and then a solid piece of scrap corrugate for the back to give it some stability and then I decided to make it a card instead and I kept the corrugate on the back side for a very slim dimensional rise over the base. The big brad I believe may be from SU. ( all my round metal brads are in the same jar together) This one is also A-2 in real life.


You can find how the team used these same stamps here on the store's blog post. There are 13 sets that released this month so, the others will follow tomorrow. You can find all the new sets here in the store. and they are on sale too! :)

6 comments:

Waving My Wand said...

These are all so darling, Stacey!

KarinsArtScrap said...

these are beautiful christmas cards Stacy
Gr Karin

A Place for Kia said...

I am loving these Christmas cards Stacy - I love the trees and it is brilliant the way you did the snow. Fantastic cards as always.
Hugs,

Janice M said...

Awesome cards Stacy! My favorites are the snowman tree(love the "fuller" look) an that reindeer is too cute!!

Unknown said...

Wonderful cards Stacy! I love the bottle brush trees too and look forward to more fun projects with them. Thanks for all the inspiration! P.S. I'm having fun catching up on my commenting this morning and getting to see all your lovely projects again. :) Melissa

Unknown said...

All great Christmas cards but my favorite are the Bottle Brush Tree cards!!!! Beautiful!!