9.18.2016

This Weekend's Cards

 The IC challenge this week heads to a hat store where I found this headband and I originally thought I would do something with the Trellis die that Sabrina gifted me with but, then I looked at this Hero Arts die ( its part of the September monthly hero kit) and thought why not just make it a dang near perfect CASE of the headband... and so I did. the flower petals are a die from Elizabeth Crafts bunch of petals set and the stamens are from a Prima Dona petals set ( that maybe a MFT die?) ( I did not write the mfg on the clear pocket I store my dies in OOps) the Sentiment is from the Mama Elephant set called labeled messages and this one is A-2 in real life.


When I seen this I thought oh, I would actually wear this one, with Cochlear implants the sound processors are like really big hearing aids... and they connect to the internal pieces with magnets and the part with the magnet under your skin after is a slight bump. so, I have not worn a hat since I had this done because, a hat just knocks my "ears" off. haha



 So, this is what I did with some scraps on the table after that... the sentiment is from Club Scrap...
the gems on the wreath in this one are also from Hero Arts.

Today the featured Stamper is Gail, and I have so many things of hers already saved in my favorites because of use of texture or color combo's... so, I wanted to pick something I had not seen before because, its easier that way mentally to make changes to something you have not virtually drooled over. and I found this one and I kinda smiled because for CASE-ing someone you need to make at least two changes, and I was certain when I seen it that I had a polished stone sheet saved and that it was PINK ( so there is two changes right there to not have the resist going on and colors) I was going to use white die cut snow on the pink in my head... so, you should have seen my face when I found the sheet in the file cabinet and it was perfect for fall. And that meant more changes, so I flipped it upright the design and changed the ribbon to Washi Tape, and then I had the bright idea to put the tape on first so it could be a "straight guide" for stamping the sentiment (Paper Smooches noteworthy)... and then I heat embossed it with some Hero Arts brass powder, and it buckled a little in the middle under the word.. so I used my finger to pat it flat again real quick while it was hot, knowing it should stick back to the card front... ( ouch it was hot) lol... grab your tweezers for that maneuver) Paper crafting is not for sissies eh? The skeleton leaf has rolled micro glue dots on the back side of the stem on this.

No comments: