10.26.2014

Coffee Gift card holders


So, I started saving dutch brothers lids a few months ago, and maybe a week or so ago I painted the tops of a mess of them with some "country white" acrylic paint. this is probably hard to see but the debossed lid filled with paint says "You got this." these lids usually make me smile, so. I thought they would be fun on gift card holders and I knew I had this AI (Art Impressions) stamp that was supposed to be a gift card holder but, you know I never used it for this because, I knew the cup was not wide enough to hid the card... there is now a slit cut in the cardstock that the cup is glue to wide enough for a card and the top of the card stock is scored at 1" down from the edge to fold over to glue the lid to. so all of these cards are A-2 in real life. that same cardstock is only glued on the edges of the piece so the gift card can tuck through. scroll down to the open version. 


this is what it looks like "open" so, I started thinking. well, these would be cute for the booth. and then you know how that goes. I ended up stamping this cup a good 2 dozen times and cutting them all out. ( there are still more pieces on the table at the moment) and I thought. 


Okay if you are selling them then the people have to be able to get the gift card inside the flap and tie it off so, I thought maybe I would package them like this... and then have since decided against that. they are all closed with lose bows tied now with (extra long tails on the seambinding) so that way when they get it together the way they want it they can trim the tails. this one I tried sanding off some of the paint after it was die cut and it says "its all good" 


not all of them got db lids but, I do have quite a few "coffee" related sentiments and sets so, a bunch of them are must mixed and with other stamps. this particular one I used the bold daisy darice folder on some shimmery rusty thin cardstock and then put some yellow ( in your face bright haha) acrylic paint into the embossed holes on the petals to mimic that yummy graphic 45 paper. 


the hero sentiment is from A Muse. 


This one the long skinny sentiment is unity stamps and the tiny joy is from Stampendous with some basic grey pp. 


the ribbon tails are so long that they just flop over if I stand these cards upright if you were wondering why they all look like they need a cup of joe.


this one the db lid says hello, bestie



the tag sentiment is from Unity stamps


this one says smile


the lace is vintage. 


This sentiment on the cup is a newer one from SU. The one on the tag I think comes with the AI cup stamp. 


The for you is SU and I have to look for the other one but, best guess is MFT. 


the cup on the left the sentiment is SU the cup on the right is Verve


this is probably becoming my most over used sentiment I just love this one ( Unity Stamps) 


the one on the left is Verve and the one on the right is Unity. and there will probably be more of these sooner or later. the thing is I am in hurry up and make stuff mode so, you may only get just photos for the next little while without all the chatter. 

No comments: