This one is hubs fault, He has said to me over and over I don't understand why you don't just make 2 of everything... esp with a card you like how it turned out. So, this was done with nearly the same things as the Starfish card with slightly different colors. So this one will go into the stash.
This is 6" square in real life, the Nautical blueprints seahorse was stamped (twice) with Versafine smokey gray and memento gray flannel. ( its paper pieced into the layer) and I got it a little too wet activating the pastels so the tail is not as cut out as it could be. The texture is from Hampton arts stamped with Adirondack Pebble, the Stampabilites sentiment is done with london fog all are on some My Favorite things primitive cream cut with an justrite vintage labels 4 die. The eye is a kaiser pewter pearl and the mini brads are from recollections. that grey chevron pp is an scrap ( unknown) the gingham is from colorbok, the mat is Die cuts with a view, The fibers I have had a very long time not sure where I got them anymore.
the seahorse was colored with some Distress antique linen marker, Cretacolor Bronze pastel, water & over the top is some gold gelly roll glaze pen. the background was sprayed with some Glimmer mist ( sage ) and Colorshine (seafoam) The edges of the sentiment panel and the image panel were rubbed with some colorbox fluid chalk ink ( creamy brown )
this one is headed out in the mail tomorrow. I had looked at the featured stampers gallery this morning while I was notifying for the favorites thread and came across a card to try. ( this only has two things in common with that card) they are not even kissing cousins so, this is not linked to that. will try it again in a bit. the cardfront base was run through one of those we r memory keepers 6" folders. ( that is so nice I hope they make lots of designs in that size ) I have had good luck with these folders. I do have one other 6" folder from another co. ( will have to look later ) its a disappointment as far as how well / deep it embosses. ( should try stamping with it some time I guess)
The hardwood background was heat embossed with ranger distress weathered wood powder which gave it a touching sandpaper effect and the hearts are from a sheet of Authentique printed paper. they are only stitched in the centers. normally I tend to run pinking shears on things before they are sewn, but this one was trimmed after so, the printed gingham ended up looking a little aged and worn because, it is way harder to hide the freehand thing when you go backwards like this.