A closer look at the dots and plaids on the ribbon of this tag. The tag was previously stained as was the Snowflake image was also heat embossed and cut out a long time ago. ran the tag through the swiss dots cuttlebug folder and the pink bloom is an tattered florals diecut there is liquid pearls and pink stickles all over it and the snowflake.
This was a sample for my own challenge ( Polkadots and Plaids ) details can be found here. The best news about this VSN ( Virtual Stamp Night) is the deadline for uploading to that special gallery has been extended to next Saturday, so although I am not done with them yet there is time to get them done. So, post is a first installment on the challenges. The colored words are live links to them directly at splitcoaststampers.
My second sample for my own challenge. This one is 5X7 in real life, the Tim Holtz sentiment was color dusted with some distress ink while it was still inside the spellbinders die. that panel is up on pop dots. the very large heart brad I've had many many years and the mfg. info is long gone.
This one was done for Rosy's challenge found here. I had originally thought that the sentiment cardstock slipped in the bigshot and then the next morning I re stamped this sentiment twice and both times it looked exactly like this ( the rubber is crooked ) I'm rolling my eyes, so anyways. the paw prints are buttons and the pets printed paper is basic grey.
These were done for Joyce's first challenge found here. the printed papers were from the same pad of Jovial basic grey paper, the sentiment is from river city rubber works done on scraps a long time ago. The tags were previously stained.
This was done for Ann's challenge seen here. and here is a tip.. if you run heidi swapp sand paper through your big shot in a spellbinders die, yep it works... but, then you will have to clean the big shot, its plates and your table after. lol
This gal from summer by the sea was wish rak'd to me a very long time ago, colored her with copic's then added the white gel pen dots to the dress. ( they are a little teeny bit 3-d to the touch in real life) the watercolor paper was dyed and crumpled years ago.
This was done for Peggy's challenge seen here. and it becomes card number 6 for the Christmas challenge for me so, I am done with September.
It's 6" square in real life, the Hero Arts collage image was colored slightly then the berries have diamond glaze on them.
This was done for Angie's challenge found here. The shipping tag was previously stained and then run through the cuttlebug folder. I had stamped the savvy sentiment on the tag before embossing but, it really faded into it so, I ended up tracing over that with a marker later. the regal rose. *sigh* I love what other people do with these two step stamps. ( I have a whole bunch of them) but, during a VSN when the challenges have a time limit it puts me under a lot of stress to get one "right" there are many more mis-stamped blooms in the bin right now. and It's made me think if I want to make room in my space I think these kinds of stamps will be the first to go. ( I like to color ) I like the idea of these stamps but, I never use them.
This was done for Brenda's challenge seen here. This black tag is an old Making Memories one ( remember those?) I have stacks of these things, and later bought the metal frames and the smoosh it tool to make my own. makes me think I will be making some of these tags soon. the black was the perfect color to do a chalkboard effect for the partial sentiment. the whole thing reads you rock my world. the extreme guitar was done in versafine.
And this was the last one I had gotten done Sunday before getting started on the next Dirty Dozen assignment. ( those go live in 6 days ) This was done for Lynn's challenge seen here. It took me a lot longer to think of a stamp that I owned that went up and down than it did to make this card. and it is perfectly flat in real life too. ( shocking I know ) :) and that's it so far, altogether there are 18 challenges for this last weekend, so its really nice that there is a whole week to get them done.