9.26.2013

Chalk Talk Projects


I thought this set was the coolest thing in the new SU book when it came out and I messed around with it a little bit. the top stamped layer was done twice in the two colors of ink and cut out by hand to layer to the kraft diecut. There is some stardust gel pen tracing on it too. 


The Uline bag was stained with some aged mahogany distress ink and the top was trimmed off with pinking shears, the ribbons from Joanns ( Christmas line) and the clothes pin is unknown. 


This one the shipping tag was stained with the palest pink distress stain ( brain has gone blank for its name sorry) the lace is vintage, the chalktalk image was stamped with the green ink then colored with markers over that. 


This one I loved the drama of stamping it in the blue ink (memento nautical blue). this version is a single layer one and I added the chipboard button to the hole. there is some silk embroidery ribbon through those holes then the tag ribbon is from May Arts. and then I happened across this very old Victorian printed vellum from SU in the stash and thought the colors looked OK together and knew I would have to stitch it down. ( no vellum glue is really invisible have you noticed that? ) This one is 5 1/2" square with some not quite navy for the base and the cream is PTI vintage cream. I did cut this one with the chalk talk die instead of by hand. I should probably snip the sheer ribbon shorter but, I liked how it hung and curled so I ended up leaving it. 

No comments: