8.24.2010

Santa Belief

Just for fun, stamped a few of this peddler's pack The Real Santa the other day for an friend and did this one for me to play with. The sentiment is from Elzybells (UK) but, i am not sure how long it will stay open. Its been in the process of closing and selling off the stamps for a some time now. Nah, still not gonna make a million handmade Christmas cards this year. Life's too crazy busy. So, this mean's don't be offended if you get Hallmark from me. My personal thought on this is, most people don't care. (or they don't even realize sometimes when cards are done by hand, or of course there is my personal favorite slam... oh, i didn't realize you all were hurting for money that you had to make your own..) but, of course those people get store bought. Love this Elzybell's sentiment. the Tim Holtz trinket pin has the number 32 engraved on it with the word tidbits. sounds like an advice worth following. (unless your Santa has good taste in undies) Santa is done in versafine vintage sepia on speckletone oatmeal, this was trimmed with friskars mini pink shears deco scissors, then layered to the backside of the basic grey wassail pp. and trimmed with regular pinking shears, Its machine sewn along that faint brown border. the script pp mat is Penny Black, the tag {spellbinders die, inked with creamy brown} and trinket pin are up on pop dots. the lace is Vintage. this one's 6" square in real life.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is beautiful Stacy love all the colours and image is gorgeous, super sentiment love all the detail great make
Hugs
Sarah xx

Unknown said...

I'm back again can you tell me who this image and sentiment by Stacy please they are beautiful
Hugs
Sarah xx

Alison H said...

*sigh* I guess I need to go shopping.

I LOVE, LOVE this card. Hope you don't mind if I case!

Janice M said...

Beautiful card Stacy!! And I'm not even a Santa person!

LindainNCtoo said...

I make sure I send handmade cards to those that appreciate my hard efforts of making cards ( not because I "have" to ). Others that don't appreciate them, I make "non-fancy" ones for those for the holidays.

I love the card!

sunbear said...

wow! these cards are beautiful. definite etsy listers i think!