8.26.2009

Botanicals

I'd love to be one of those people who has the patience to post one card at a time and program the blog to do it for me daily. ( I've tried that before and i can do but, its just too big of a hassle and time consuming so, I'm half way thinking i should rename my blog all or none) *snicker* your gonna get a lot to look at or nothing....recently there has been a rash of PSX botanicals for sale on the bay and a number of them are now residing in my room... Hibiscus, this the pale green texture paper is from Provocraft, the mini brads are bazzill french vanilla, i don't remember that cream bumpy paper and the cardbase is an double sided Neenah.
This one that sanded background came to me via the PIF threads but will have to look it up to remember who. not sure on the color anymore either. the long time friend was colored a long time ago, just die cut it with an nestibilities label 4 die and inked the edges with creamy brown fluid chalk ink. the ribbons also from the now dead pif ribbon swap thread if i remember right the color was called Mellon but i no longer remember who sent it to me, that printed paper is Karen Foster's almond cookie. this one 6 inches Square in real life.
Hydrangea's the purple ish cs is almost amethyst and the mat is an piece of bazzill. (stamped on neenah solar white)
Now this stamp i recently "won" but, this is an image Jan sent me a long time ago, its cardbase is Papertrey Ink's spring moss.
This is for Trinity because she asked... these are blending stumps. tightly wound pieces of paper that you dip into a blending solution and rub on an image colored with pencils, some people use odor less mineral spirits some use baby oil. ( i don't use either. Ive tried the odor less mineral spirits but, its one of those things the fumes give me an instant headache plus i would have to use them upstairs and so coloring standing bent over a counter height table with your nose in the fumes is a deal breaker) personally i tend to reach for an Prisma colorless blender marker to melt pigments with when i feel so inclined to do so, I've also used the pencils with no pigments to burnish things... that's a little messier as you have to brush off your wax crumbs as you are doing it so when you color curled up on the sofa with an ott light overhead its easiest to do the less risk of a mess type things... :) so anyways, yep, i do have more cards done and will wonders never cease i have them even photographed and not posted yet.... they were not feeling the same as these so they will have to wait till later.

5 comments:

Leigh Anne said...

oo stacy these are all gorgeous!! when I look at them I go ahhhhhh pretty!!

Carrie said...

These are amazing Stacy! I love them!

Karen said...

Hi Stacy! I adore PSX botanicals and am lucky enough to have a couple of them from my early stamping days, mid '90's. Congrats on your recent additions. :> You must be a fast crafter...I am slower than molasses! And I haven't had any left over energy for creativity the last couple of weeks. But, I did have a lot of blog love to share and since you're blog was one that got me started in this blog world, I wanted to share some of it with you! I've left an award on my blog for ya! :>

LindainNCtoo said...

I love all of your cards..........I like how you are so descriptive of your card how-to info.

OK--- now I know you secret on how you blend your pencil coloring now.

Great cards as always.

I have only gotten PaperTrey Ink's white cardstock. I LOVE it!!! Might have to venture in that spring moss cs now. Is it as heavy as their white cs?

Linda

Kathy said...

Beautiful coloring, I especially love the sweet pea card. The way you shaded it gives it so much dimension, beautiful!