9.03.2007

Happy Labor Day!

16 packages of home grown corn are now residing in our freezer... *Ü* (Now you know why they call it Labor day Weekend hee hee hee...) its like the last chance to get a whole bunch of yard work done... Yes, i actually do remember the real reason for the Holiday... just a little humor... Have a from scratch Lasagna headed into the oven as soon as it heats up and found a little time to play about an hour ago. ( so the lights not good for photos already)
The colors are off. This is 6X6 in real life, the stripe PP is from Basic Grey, the More Mustard cardstock is stamped with the same color ink in the Paisley background and this looked really fallish to me so then i tried Jan's First technique challenge in the stamp shack using Really Rust ink on Confetti cream cardstock then over stamped the Hero Arts sentiment in Versafine Vintage Sepia, and then Added the Stitched heart in Peeled Paint distress... tore the edges and color dusted some tea dye distress on them.
this went together really fast. I have a lot of fall colored scraps on the table ( and a huge huge mess) I started mounting my naked rubber to used wood blocks last week here and there as i find time, so most of them are on wood now but, most still need index stickers and ( a place to live in my space) ha ha they will not fit back into the tins they were in unmounted, BUT from what i have stamped so far, i am getting Superior stamped images from mounting them. So, I am glad i did it. ( just wish the cleaning fairy would hurry up and get it all put away) :)
Have a good what's left of this weekend!

6 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

WOW! You had a bumper crop of corn! I did the same thing, except with green beans. Next year we'll try some corn.

Love your card. So pretty!

Stampin' Meg said...

that corn looks sooooo yummy, Stacy!So now I know where you've been -out picking corn! I've missed you around CX.

Fink said...

Love the card! I checked out the technique too and might give it a try! I also am marking your blog since you always do wonderful work!

Sandy said...

Ooooh can I come for dinner? I love corn AND homemade lasagna!!!! :) Cute card, I like it! :)

Rika said...

What a beautiful card!

LindainNCtoo said...

Mmmmmm.......fresh corn. Looks a great crop, too. The corn fields in our suffered immensely due to the severe drought. Total loss for some farmers.

Homemade lasagna....a favorite in our house, too. Never lasts but a day or two.