8.20.2007

{ Sneak Peek } Tami's round robin

I joined a round robin image swap in the stamp shack recently and everyone had to stamp images, and then everyone is making cards with each others images so the cards that come to me in the mail will all be made by a different stamper but with what i sent in to Tami ( which i have already forgotten what i sent) lol i think it was a background but, I'm not positive which one... this image is the one that made me glad there were two each to play with, i ruined the first one thinking oh it needs soft colors so i tried to color it with chalk. ( big mess ) didn't color very well with chalk... this one i inked it a bit with some distress ink's then did gold krylon along the edges of the image.
this is the one i did first, i knew it would be the "hardest" one for me, i find it fairly hard to color large images, and this one is pretty big. I'm hoping to change that after Flexie does her tutorial on coloring...
this one looked like it should be "rustic" to me, the image has been color dusted with some distress inks, then is matted with an Faux linen that is green and tea dye distress colors.
this one made me smile, it was also the last one i did, the inside is stamped with " If the broom fits... Fly it!"
this one was really hard too, so i at first it looked like a very modern type art thing to me, and the colors were really stark when i was done and my husband thought it looked like a thanksgiving card, but to me it was way more spooky then that, so, i ended up covering the entire image with some metallic yellow mesh stuff that came in one of those QVC kits (scrapbooking ones) a few years ago...
This one i colored the image with Prisma pencils then added some diamond glaze to it and popped it into the freezer to crack the glue.
think that's about it, will pack them up and get them ready to mail back to Tami tomorrow. but, planning to not leave the house tomorrow so... maybe mailed out on Wed.

12 comments:

thimbles bobbins paper and ink said...

Ooohhh Stacy...these look so fun! I'm in this swap too but my images haven't arrived yet so I can't play. Maybe today they'll come.

Hurry and get through your work day so you can tell us all about these. They look awesome!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh, these look so nice. Can't wait to read the details.

Tami Bayer said...

Oh, these are amazing, Stacy. You are so creative with the images. My stinkin' shoulder hurts today, so I can't work on them as planned.

K Hutchinson said...

OMG theses are so awesome! You did some super creative with all these images! I love them all! You rock!!!!

Linda said...

WOW!!! These are all fantastic!!!You did a awesome job with them...

Vintage Papers said...

Stacy
these are all fantastic. I especially love the pumpkin - how cool is that!

Heather Grow said...

I'm so excited Stacy. I'm so glad that I'm in this swap with you. I love how you used a different technique on each image.

Stampin' Meg said...

That looks like it was a fun challenge!

Andi (RrlScrapGal) said...

VERY nice! You sure can create some beauties! Can't wait to see them in their entire show!

Dawn said...

very cool stacy.. even if it's just a peek.

LindainNCtoo said...

What a great swap!! I love the Fall theme images.

I hosted a Round Robin Card swap. 1 girl never completed three rotations. I had to track down those three and finish them myself. We had 5 great cards though.

I love the idea of the diamond glaze over using UTEE for the cracked glass effect.

Godelieve said...

How fun to see what you did with all the images. great job!