10.24.2023

Watercoloring a Pear

 It's my turn to host the watercoloring challenge this week at Splitcoaststampers and heading into looking for something this month I knew it would be fall and I wanted to try something different. I happened across this tutorial from Ellen Crimi-Trent called Easy watercolor tutorial for beginners - Pears! that you an find here on YouTube


I don't really enjoy the sketching part of painting, I'd much rather just paint. So, this is first layer of paint on Arches cold press. I did drop in colors for some texture to the center and then walked away to let it dry.


added more paint, a shadow and stem to the pear. I did do some Bartlett pear colors on this from memory but, its missing the brown spots as I tried to keep it like the tutorial without doing all the other colors of pears. We used to have two pear trees because, they tell you that at the nursery that you need two varieties to get the cross pollination to work. But our D'anjnou ( probably mangled the spelling on that) tree died years ago and the Bartlett still grows pears. So, the best guess is there are other pear trees in the neighborhood. as I am down to one apple now and it also had a bumper crop.

I decided to keep this simple and just cut the painted panel with a Crazy stitched die from Impression Obsession. 

This is A2 in real life, the sentiment is from the Greetery just mason around set with some Versafine shady lane ink. The base here is a premade card from Impress called Aloe. I hope you are all doing well and enjoying Fall as much as I am. Thanks for stopping by.
 


No comments: