8.18.2023

Inspired by {Harriet De Winton}

 This week it's my turn to host the Inspiration challenge and I chose Harriet DeWinton. ( I have seen quite a few of her water coloring videos on YouTube but, when I came across this painted bridesmaid thank you card I knew I had clothes stamps and that was all it took. 

I stamped this ( I think it's name is something like Rose gardening? by Alesa Baker when she was with Stampa Rosa. I think a lot of these designs were re-done when she started illustrating for Impression Obsession but, not positive on that. Anyway, this is stamped with some Versafine Morning Mist on a slim scrap of Arches hot press (smooth) watercolor paper. I did use some Daniel Smith watercolors to paint it. 

I diecut the painted panel with a Pinkfresh Studio's Mini Slimline stitched scallop rectangle die and since it was a scrap the watercolored panel was fine but the scallops were chopped off the bottom and then when I had originally thought about this I was going to do a lot of white layers but, I ended up using some Papertrey ink blush cardstock to do a frame and then the sentiment on the drop piece from that. ( this is all taped together on the back side as that frame cuts into 3 pieces actually the center and an inside scallop frame and an outside scallop frame) the white crepe paper ( Hobby Lobby) was diecut with a Pinkfresh Studio's blanket stitched slimline die ( its probably hard to see) and the base of this card is some Stampin' Up pretty in pink. The floral vintage lace has those pink flowers printed on the lace and I poked some pink brads through the centers of them. The sentiment on the top is from Penny Black. ( the Kate & Campbell font line ( I love that font) this was diecut with a Spellbinders maybe label 11 die? (something its an older one) and the printed button on that is from Making Memories, its really a flowery paisley type shape but, it at first glance blends with all the flowers I think. and that stamp off to the side ( Uptown Rubber stamps is stamped on the inside) This card is headed to a gardener soon-ish. That's about it from me, if you'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at splitcoaststampers. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: