10.20.2020

A few thoughts

 So, I know its been forever since I posted. We have a Verizon hotspot for internet at home and for what I did with it here it was "ok" but, I was also told that all the other services did not connect to my house so, it was also pretty much the only thing I could have here. The cable co.'s line stop a block away. The provider that has a fiber line at my office in the city their lines are about 2 miles away. and would cost about 12K to run the line from there to my house.

And then the Satellite TV co. said, oh we partner with the phone co. and you could have high speed internet and it just plugs into your TV and you can stream what ever etc. So, I set up an appointment for that. Turns out, it does not plug into the TV it needs a phone line and the phone lines are buried underground on the other side of the street, and they would have to partner with a construction co. to core drill under the street to run a line over here and then install a phone line into the house to hook up said internet. and the installation was just shy of 2K... so, that has been canceled and we are on a waiting list to have a fiber line installed. (which is still 2K) but, I think if you are going to pay 4 figures for internet you may as well get the best one available.  ( this is from a different company that what we have had for years at work but, the speeds are comparable) but, this co. is already in a line outside my house as we live across the street from a school and they have that same Fiber line.

 we had switched to I-phones in August, the phones and the hotspot all share the "unlimited data" but, the phones use up all the 4g within the first week of the month and I have a hard time opening any site with photographs and or trying to up load photos from here has become pull your hair out make you  crazy feeling. I also have no bars sitting in my kitchen with my phone so people who text me photos, I see them the next time I am at work. ( it will not load the photos in the phones text messages at home) 


 It is currently upland game bird season and these are Izzy's birds from the opening weekend and Grace decided to come check them out after hubs brought her home. We had a bit of rain a couple of weeks ago and it knocked the smoke down to the ground so, on the nicer days we have blue skies here again. (what a relief) That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

 



 

 

No comments: