4.03.2020

FloraPalooze VSN so far

There is a spring VSN going on now with a flowers theme you can find all the individual challenges and chatter threads here at SCS.

Melody has one that was to use the letters in the word Flora. So, I have a funny sentiment, lime green, Orange, Ruffled ribbon & angled panels. The flower is a SU stipple orchid and the sentiment is from Art Impressions.

 Misti has a challenge to have a bouquet of flowers. 
this one is from the Hero Arts togetherness floral set and the sentiment is from their you are loved set.

Lisa has a show flower pots on the project challenge so, I cut this Memory box simple garden pots from some old basic grey printed paper  3 times and tucked in a Tim Holtz garden greens diecut that I had watercolored a while back. I had to laugh later when I seen the set name for it as it really must be a weed since it came out of a greens set and I colored it like it was going to bloom.

 Melody has a second challenge that is a sketch. The flower here is from the SU art of life set and the sentiment is from Mama Elephant.


 Jen has a challenge called if friends were flowers I'd pick you...



 Polly has a fabric challenge where there are three different floral fabrics to pick from for a jump start and I picked one that was red and white. this happens to be a scrap of some Tim Holtz Christmas printed paper and so, I used a chipboard sentiment from his line to go with that.



 Kelly has a spotlight challenge, the flower here is from the Simon Says Stamp floral heart and the sentiment is from their Messages for everyday set.



 So, I have a challenge that is to do a single bud/bloom, budding branch, single beer, with a gratitude theme uncluttered. ( this branch is from the Tim Holtz wild flower stems #1 die set and the sentiment is from the Unity Stamps forest guy set.
 and before I did that one I started out with this one, and I decided there was just too much color in the background to be "uncluttered" and since it was my challenge I decided to make the second one above to post to the gallery as it followed the suggestion a little better. this one the sentiment is from a Simon Says Stamp sheet you cut up for the sentiments. ( its not chipboard but, printed sheet)


 Angie has a challenge to do a woods scene and then add something unexpected to it, so I had these trees and the tag sitting on this premade card base for a while now, the intent was to tuck in maybe a deer diecut and go Christmas with it but, when I seen it sitting there I knew it would save me a ton of time over building a woodsy scene so, all I really had to do was stamp off this SSS spring gnomes girl and color her. ( she was cut with scissors and is up on foam pop dots) the sentiment is from the SSS CZ simple sentiments set.

 Kelly has a second challenge to do a vintage watercolor. ( the tutorial for that hides here) and I used the Flowers and leaves are from the SSS Stronger together set and the sentiment is from the MFT gift card greetings with some SU french script in the background.

 Lydia has a do a stamp etching with thin lines and I decided to do mine in color this time around. ( I have done the black and white look before it turns out really elegant) the tutorial for that hides here.

 A closer look at the diecut wild flowers on the stamped background of the card below.

Lee has a challenge to show some wild flowers, so I stamped this Hero Arts silhouette flower background on some canvas strathmore paper and misted it with water and blotted up most the ink, so then I added some color over that with watercolor pencils. The sentiment is from the unity stamps stars in a jar set and the die cut flowers are from the SIzzix / Tim Holtz line done on watercolor paper.

and that is where things stand for me at the moment, I have a list of ones left to do and the deadline is I think Monday? something like that, so the hope is to get a few more of them done over the weekend. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: