3.01.2020

Florapalooza VSN Mini

 Kim has a challenge to use the watercolor tissue paper tutorial with flowers on your project. So, I ended up using some water based markers and no acetate for a backing on mine.

 The basket is from the Marriane designs pansy basket set and the tulips are from the Penny Black first blooms die set. These were both cut from watercolor paper and the flowers have some kuretake  gansai watercolors on them. the sentiment is from Mama Elephant.

 This one for Misti's big bloom challenge the flower is from Impression Obsession and the eucalyptus leaves and hello are Simon Says Stamp dies.  The flower was stamped on watercolor paper and cut out with scissors. I did use some Mission gold watercolors on that and then when it was dry I did over stamp the bloom one more time in the Misti to make the lines more bold.

Lee has a challenge to have a flower with white petals so I used this Black watercolor paper to heat emboss the calla lily stamp with SU white powder on and then used some white mission gold watercolor on the petals and green on the stems. ( who knew it would dry blue?) not me this is the first time I played with this paper since I bought it last year so, I am considering going over the petals with something different white, maybe a gel pen, maybe a pencil. maybe some gouache white watercolor paint. ( have not done anything with it as of yet) the idea behind VSN is that the cards have a 45 minute time limit. so, the endless tinkering is not really an encouraged thing. the sentiment here is from the Simon Says Stamp moments of grace set. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: