8.18.2019

A two-fer (challenges that is)

 This week's featured stamper is Donna and I came across this pretty card this morning and my first thought when I seen it as a thumbnail was oh, cool vellum flower. ( it really isn't but, the color combo of the design gives it that illusion as a small photo) but, because it gave me a first "change" I knew I could wing the rest of it into working. the center panel was done following the acrylic stencil deboss and (there is a closer look below) and the other changes are there are less layers and instead of a banner I tied on a ribbon and dangled a sentiment from that. This one finished out at A2 in real life.

a closer look at the acrylic stencil deboss ( the tutorial for this hide's here) and the cool part is, your stencil stays clean. this is the try a new technique challenge from last monday at scs and its been in the back of my mind all week to try. This was my first attempt and I did use an old cut pad in the big shot and went back and forth trying to get the leaves to bump and then did use some felt along with a tan rubber mat and I did crack the cut plate. ( it was old and warped anyways) but, then I grabbed a second sheet and tried it without the felt and got a slightly better impression but, because this one was first. its paint dried first and I knew that a lot of it would be hiding behind the bloom and I used it instead of the one where the technique really shines. And I really will do this some more. my stencils and paint collection is not all that extensive so, it seems to me that no matter what the challenge is my things tend to all look the same. one of these days I really should buy more colors of paint :) thanks for stopping by.

No comments: