8.27.2019

A Bridal Shower card

My Niece Ashley will be married this coming October and knowing this when I seen this Curvy bride come out form Stamping Bella I got really excited to color her as I am thinking with that hair updo her hair goes all the way to her hips just like Ashley's does.

This was a first attempt at coloring her and I had no clue about the wedding colors when I started this but, I have had her colored for months and then the invite showed up for the shower an it was 5 days notice and I wasn't quite steady enough on my feet to start over so, I decided that finishing her off as a Clean and Simple design was just going to have to do it. This sentiment is from either Savvy Stamps or Impress or A Muse (and it's probably retired because, I cannot find it anywhere online) The stamped panel was matted with some brushed silver metallic cardstock and this was mounted on a deckle edge strathmore Watercolor pre-made card base. (because, I loved the textures)

Her skin was colored with copic markers and her dress and flowers were done with polychromo's and Prisma pencils. Just a closer look at her, I decided to do a soft pale pinkish peach for the shading on the gown as grey's or blues seemed to cold for a white dress at the time. I did enjoy coloring her and I am hoping to do another one sometime for the stash / booth in November. Thanks for stopping by.

No comments: