4.23.2018

Black Ice Christmas Forest

Today Sabrina has a fun challenge called Black Ice that can be found here as a try a new technique. ( there is a video that explains the how to)
 I am officially Impressed. I have a hated stayzon ink pad that is 12 or more years old that I have never reinked... I used that for the base. it worked. I did use my dirty used Versamark pad and again, I had enough oomph to that pad for it to work. this is a first attempt. and that is saying something because, a whole lot of techniques usually end up being second or third trial to get something that you want to actually turn into a card.

a look at it flat on the desk when it was finished. I think you can click on this photo to see it larger. the clear embossing powder beaded up like little pieces of ice over the top of it. The main image is an old one from Stampin' Up. and the sentiment is from Tim Holtz. The red base is a shimmer from Stardream. The image was stamped on some DCWV foil cardstock and the plaid is unknown. this is 5 1/2" square in real life. and I will do some more of this... and it will probably use up all my silver foil cardstock ( YAY! me, it is not my favorite color choice in these pads) I have been doing google searches trying to find the name of the SU stamp set name but so far no dice, I know there is a snowman and a Cardinal in the set also that look like they are snowing on the images but, they are pretty old and I do not have them in the evernote file as of yet. if you recognize it please holler at me & thanks!

2 comments:

Janice M said...

Oh WOW Stacy!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card! It's absolutely beautiful! I will have to try this not sure I have the right kind of black ink though? I've recently got a Gelli Plate and have been playing with Acrylic paints & stencils and making pretty backgrounds/paper or attempting too anyway! I'm sure a good bit of it will hit File 13 but it's fun and a bit messy to try!

Unknown said...

The stamp set is A Beautiful Season from Stampin Up. Great technique to use on this!