5.20.2017

Wave Hello

 So, the other day I had flashed a barely open box of happy mail from Hero Arts... and today the IC challenge headed to this gorgeous blog and I stopped in my tracks after seeing the second photo down in this post I loved the colors and textures in Autums mug shot of the piece under construction. and I knew i had this box of happy from Hero Arts to play with... ( So, my piece is very loosely inspired by, lumpy stenciled background and colors and blooms)

 In the beginning I had no idea the wreath was not going to cut it self out.. so, at this point I already had the mermaid die cut and up on thin pop dots with some fibers by the yard fibers wrapped around the outside oval that was cut into the background done on some Papertrey ink Ocean Tide cardstock. I did mess around with the stencil in the kit and added in some clear embossing paste and while it was wet sprinkled on some teal glitter ( which I really disliked after it was on but... I decided to just keep going and wiped a lot of that off)

 So, I had to cut the reef twice ( the second time with that same oval as on the right) I had also cut off the turtle from the reef and glued it flat to the background, there is some wink of stella here and there ( mostly on the critters and the mermaid)

 I raised up the frame oval on thicker foam pop dots. on the outside frame there is some brown bag fibers wrapped and tucked around the wreath.

 This card finished out at 5X7 in real life, I keep my mulberry flowers inside vintage canning jars but, best guess is they are mostly prima with maybe some recollections in there. added in some pearls and goosebumps too.

 The mermaid was stamped on some neenah solar white with Memento and colored with copic's. (and she is just tiny) The sentiment was stamped with some Adirondack stream on a scrap of the original background and die cut with a stitched rectangle die which was too long (but wide enough) so, I whacked off the end and tucked it under the blooms in a wave ish look. there is a foam pop dot under the raised up hump of cardstock.
What was actually in that box, so I played with bits and pieces of all of this except the bottle of what looks like nail polish.

1 comment:

Janice M said...

O WoW Stacy!! Love the 3D look of this card. That top layers of the oval has lots of possibilities!! Love all the flowers you added too.