1.09.2017

Simple snowman cards

Let's see I am signed up for 4 "Christmas" cards a month at SCS as I probably have mentioned before. There is also a Dirty Dozen Christmas card theme each month also, so this one below was done using the jump start from the DD challenge and then after I found it fits the "April" theme for the Christmas cards ( snowmen ) so, this post knocks off April for me. I am probably going to have to print out the Christmas cards list. This year for the first time there are monthly keywords with a theme rather than one year long keyword. which would probably be handy for people looking for ideas in category's they have stamps in right? So for sure mine will be out of order when I figure out which months to place them into.

 
 This snowman is a very old one from Penny Black called frosty, its heat embossed in white SU powder on some PTI vellum cardstock. the sentiment is from Concord & 9th. (stamps and die) and the frame was cut with a Mama Elephant park ave die ( I am totally loving this wide frame so hopefully you all don't get too burned out on seeing it) ( I have some other Christmas cards I have not blogged yet but are online at scs because, I think I want to do posts like this group the whole month together in one post kind of a thing) anyways this one has some clear stickles on the falling snow and the frame and Joy are up on foam tape. this is A-7 in real life.
 Now yesterday was the featured stamper challenge and I found this cool framed card in Pam's gallery I love that framing. but, I was also feeling like I want to keep these simple ( I colored a handful of snowmen using the same markers) so, mine is flat and I flipped it to a portrait position. The stamp is Snow Deer from Impression Obsession and there is no sentiment. I don't know if I will mail these out yet next year or put them into the booth box so, I left all of them as blank for now. The frame on mine was cut with a simon says stamp stitched oval die and a Our Daily Bread designs stitched rect. die. This card is A-2 in real life. The snowman was colored with a few waterbased markers and a wink of stella (clear) pen.

 a closer look at this snowman.

 Now this one was done with an Impression Obsession stamp called snowball fight. the card below this is also from them with the same name. ( I thought one of them was a #2 but, they don't show up that way in their online store haha ) so, the wider white frame was cut with ODBD stitched rectangles and the red frame was a scrap from something recent but, I don't remember anymore. This one is A-6 in real life.
 In reality this stamp is wider than this frame opening so I have covered up some of the fallen snow kids ammo off to the right and such.

This one that red frame is a scrap from those bold Merry Christmas mixed media poinsettia cards I did last year for Christmas and when you cut the frames with the ODBD rectangle dies the scrap also has stitches so, I save them for "something" later... that kraft snow printed paper is out of the scrap bin so, I no longer remember the mfg. this one is A-7 in real life.

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

they are cute Stacy the first 2 are lovely the last 2 are gorgeous.

gr karin

Janice M said...

Great cards Stacy! But I must admit.....i'm dying to draw the rest of the face on that snowdeer! ;-)