10.31.2013

Day 31 Hope you can cling to.


This is a closer look at the coloring of the card below its Lucille sends her love from the Uptown girls collection from Stamping Bella. she was backordered from an order I placed when the Seniorita's came out a while back and she just landed in my mail box and begged to be colored for Lynn's challenge.


This one is 5X7 in real life. I recently tinkered with lightroom's exporting settings to actually PRINT some photos of my son and I cannot remember what I had them at before but, now the photos of the cards are so large the watermarks are becoming microscopic on them haha... I'll figure it out eventually ( I hope ) there is a row of pop dots between the fancy tag diecuts on the sentiment. 


This was my first card for Lynn's Hearts challenge seen here. It is also 5X7 in real life. funny true story about this particular image, I had long wanted this PSX stamp and my friend Lori (thanks chickie!!) won one before I did and she stamped me some of hers to play with while I waited to get lucky ( which I eventually did) and this was stamped on some really cool stuff called X-press it paper ( have to find some sometime) because, its like cutting butter the smoothness of coloring on it. I also have a card somewhere in the gallery done with pencils on this paper too. and its just as nice for them. in case you were curious.



This was done for Edna's group thank-you challenge seen here. This image from Penny Black Cluck!Quack! is colored with copic markers and this one is 6" square in real life. the stitching is only in the top layers as always so is not visible inside the card. the sentiment is from Hero Arts.


This was done for Lydia's second challenge seen here. when I read the words black and white I nearly always think of photograph's first. and I don't know if this will really fit in with the rest of the cards in my box but, who knows maybe someone will find a use for it. the cardbase was from a premade package of them and of course I don't have the packaging anymore but it has an offset gatefold and I closed it with vintage buttons and string. the button on the short flap is up on a pop dot. the wood camera I started to ink but, it was not absorbing the black in so rubbed some gelatos into the wood and that picked up the black pretty well. I don't know what team Walt would mean but, I went with green because, its one of my favorites. tfl.

Are you playing along with us? If not, you're missing out on the chance to lift the spirits of women battling breast cancer at MD Anderson, and also on more than $5000 in prizes from your favorite crafty companies. 

So what are you waiting for? Get to stamping! You have until November 7th. as a deadline to have your cards in the proper gallery at SCS to be eligible to win some of those prizes from the fabulous sponsors!! so, get busy!! 



1 comment:

Emily H said...

Fabulous cards! Love your work! Thank you for all the awesome comments!