8.21.2008

yesterdays Cards

This particular house mouse image (Stampa Rosa Summer showers) is one i bought used on eBay a few months ago. I stamped this way back when and just finished coloring it a day ago or so... the ones where the mice are so small in the design are really really hard for me to color (because contrary to popular belief most my pencils are NOT that sharp, so its hard to do the dull points in such a small space actually) this is just a lazy thing but, all my favorite colors are looking stubby again so i will have a marathon sharpening going on before the next image gets colored... I use prisma pencils, I just go over and over the image until the color looks right to me, I go lightly in layers. some layers are many colors, i add the grays... you know they really DO need to make more colors in pencils... markers come in 4 times as many colors... This is just a simple one 4 1/2 x6 inches in real life, the sentiments from the Gina K set make a wish, the mat is kraft the cardbase is PTI spring moss.
This one the giraffe and sentiment are both from Hero Arts, they are stamped with versafine vintage sepia on hammermill 110 and the giraffe is lightly colored with pencils then i used an orange bic mark it marker around the brown spots. very simple, the pp is from an old old slab (best guess is either provocraft or dcwv) the lace is unknown as are the brads, the really rust cardstock was run through the textile cuttlebug folder. the cardbase is SU confetti cream and is 5X7 in real life.

1 comment:

LindainNCtoo said...

Thanks for the tips on your coloring ideas. I agree........there are more color choices for markers.

I would have never thought to use that particular CB folder under the giraffe stamped image.

As always, I really enjoy your cards!!