7.24.2026

Inspired by {Artful Home}

 This weekend Amy is sharing the Artful home site & Pinterest boards where I came across this tulip painted vase. And I decided to stop looking after that because, I knew I had picked up this old Penny Black Blooming Tulips stamp and it was on the table. So I stamped it with some Morning Mist versafine ink on some Artist loft (Micheals) watercolor paper and started layering on the paints.

This first layer of paints came out of that new Fuumuui opaque watercolors because, I figured they would be a good shadow type base and I like the muted colors.


I also still have the graphite palette on the table so they started making an appearance in some of the crevices.

But the reality is I actually have two palettes of Daniel Smith paints on the table ( all.the.time) and I gravitate towards them because, I am starting to remember which colors I like for different things like shadows or leaves or what not and that is where I started to finally see some contrast painting over the others. 

I did add another round of paints after this one because, there still were not deep enough shadows but, I was starting to be excited about coloring this stamp. And my original thought was that I could mount this to an Hero Arts acetate cardbase and it would be you know mimic that flowers painted on the glass look but, I cut this panel out with an My Favorite things Mod rectangle die and that left about 1/8" of space under/around it for the base if I went A2 ( which I did ) so I ended up switching the base to a premade pale aqua type shade of cardstock.


 I still think that idea would work but, it would need to be a smaller scale stamp to do it with. At any rate I am pretty pleased with this and resisting the urge to add more paint to the top haha. If You'd like to play along with us you can find this challenge here at Splitcostastampers. I hope you are doing well & Thanks for stopping by. 

No comments: