11.08.2022

Watercoloring fluffy trees

 This week Angie has chosen this video tutorial from creationsceecee on doing "fluffy" trees found here on YouTube. 

And not too long ago I came across this pack of Fabriano Bianco watercolor paper in my closet. that is really the oldest watercolor paper I own so, I decided to pull out a sheet of it and try this painting on it. I have no clue if this is cotton paper or now but, it does have a lined texture to it. 


Trying to find a frayed brush was the hardest part for me, so I found this one that I had picked up at a yard sale years ago for like a dime that was full of acrylic paint and I have this in my acrylic paint jar. but, It did work for the whisper frayed edge look to the tree. ( I tried it on a scrap first) 


It dried looking like so, and the "delicate" tape tore some of the painting so, I decided to die cut it down smaller. 

I went with an Ellen Hutson using the largest die in the tag trio set. And then I had the bright idea to fish the scrap out of the bin to test the shimmery paint for the bulbs on it, to see how they would show up. both of these sets shown here are from Coliro. You can find the larger 6 color one here on Amazon. I am pretty sure the smaller one came from there too but, its not immediately right there when I ran a search for it. 

Tied some silver & copper elastic cord through the hole and stamped the Simon Says Stamp Circle Sayings sentiment with Versfine Twilight ink. which might have been a little bold but, I do like how it looks here. and that was just dumb luck that I was able to see through the clear stamp to try to avoid the shimmery bulbs on the tree as I inked it up. If you'd like to play along with us, you can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers.  I hope you are all doing well, That's about it from me. Thanks for stopping by.



No comments: