5.01.2022

Inspired by {Hats & Signs}

 Oops it looks like I skipped blogging about two weeks ago Inspiration site it is a collection of Hats on pinterest seen here shared by Amy. And I came across this one that I just loved the red bloom on this hat.


So I came up with this, the Emerson image is "Age Happens" from American Art Stamps and the full bloom sentiment is from Art Impressions. That printed paper is from Authentique and this one is 6" square in real life, the fibers are really old and the mat under the stamped/painted panel is red mulberry paper. That challenge can be found here inside the Inspiration forums board.


This week Kelly has share with us the 4season home site and I came across this silly giraffe fence post sign. (and I knew I had this IO giraffe in the not been played with section still so, out he came) 


 I wanted to give him some depth and have him peeking through a window and I knew I had this pack of SU new horizons watercolor looking printed paper ( which I had not opened prior to this) and I assumed I would find one sheet with green on the bottom and blue on the top. ( that is not the case) but, this piece was interesting but, the colors were a little jarring so, I did end up adding layers of watercolor paint over the printed paper and then the grass along the bottom to give it some illusion of depth. the window hole was cut with a spellbinders deckle edge rectangle die. The giraffe was stamped with some Acorn versafine on fabriano watercolor paper that is kind of thin and has an interesting texture to it. That sentiment is from Great Impressions. I found some old moody blue cardstock in the file cabinet and finished this one out at 5 1/2" square. This one's challenge can be found here at SCS. That's about it from me, thanks for stopping by.



No comments: