4.01.2022

Inspired by {DIY Craftland's Blog}

 This week we are taking a look at DIY craftland and I came across this pretty Wedding scene shot. ( the top main photo in this post) the one right under the title and I thought Oh, I have some Stamps happen floral frame type stamps and maybe 30 minutes before I had seen that I had been messing around with watercolor paints and did some wedding kids (because, it was already stamped and I was trying for skin tones) And I thought oh this will work.


And then I came home and dug out those scene stamps and the flowers were wrong or they were Portrait orientation one thing or another I dismissed all the stamps I owned. and I had this scrap of Arches hot press paper on the table so, I said to my self you could probably paint something that would work. ( and its a cartoon image so, it does not have to be the most accurate thing) So, this was first round of paint. 


I had cut the kids out with scissors as they were stamped on some Smooth Neenah solar white, which if you do not use much water will work for paints but, Then I had added blue to the sky and green to the ground and pilled the paper. So, after it was cut out I did put foam pop dots under the image and added a few touches of some metallic watercolors to the detailing. 

I did add a few more larger drops of pink paint to the trellis the next day and a few more sprigs of random grass and streaks of green to the ground. A little bit of White gouache ( that faded to nothing in the scene) and decided to just let it go before it became another mess. The base here is Stampin Up Soft seafoam and this one is A7 in real life. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: