11.13.2021

A few Christmas cards

 

This was done totally inspired by this umbrella after my brain focused in on the upside down bird on the line. So, I just flipped this paper upside down after stamping the bird and I started out using colors similar to the umbrella and then once I got to the Santa hat I started going darker. added in some squiggles of paint to the body for feather movements. There is some stickles glitter glue on the hat trim also. This one is A6 in real life. The sentiments from Riley & Co. and the bird is from Woodware's fuzzy robin line.
 

Now this was done jump started by the October dirty dozen Christmas card prompt. the tall leaf is a Simon Says Stamp die etched tall leaf, and the shorter eucaluptus is a stitched one from paper rose. these have watercolor paints on them. the texture panel (TH engraved folder) was inked and cut in to strips to layer. this one is a full sized slim line 4X9.

This Emerson chick (American Art Stamps) was a gift from Hubs as he has been seeing me collect them lately. so, I colored up a couple of her and did two versions. the sentiment on this one is from Hero Arts.

The sentiment on this one comes with the image.

this was done from scraps on the table the white parts were cut from watercolor paper and the sentiment here is from the Simon Says Stamp fa la la set.

This one the dog is from Impression Obsession ( baxter) and he was painted with wc paints. and this was done after seeing this cute card inside Ema's gallery when she was featured stamper this week. the Sentiment here is from Stampendous. 


This old Elyzbells stamp was dug out after seeing Jocelyn's card here when she was Featured Stamper. the sentiment on this one is from the Simon Says Stamp Joy for you set. 

Now this was done because, I bought this pad of Memory Box printed papers and thought really you could just let it shine ( so added stickles to them) and silly sentiments. The sentiment on this one is from Impression Obsession.

The Sentiment on this one is from Our Daily Bread Designs.

The Fallidays tutorial on November third is a disappearing 9 patch from scraps project. (tutorial seen here) So, I ended up using deco scissors to trim the outside edges of the mat I gave mine and they don't cut completely anymore after all these years so, I took the point of some other scissors trying to "fix" the cuts, and after a while just grabbed some Antique linen distress Oxide to color dust along the edges. The holly here is a sticker that has an almost "felted" texture to it, it was a gift from June for my birthday this year, it came with some Poinsettias in the pack too from Hobby lobby. The sentiment here is from Tim Holtz great outdoors set.

This I finally finished from earlier in the week, I did add a smidge more paint to the bottom right corners of the top to bulbs to mimic the shadow I gave the bottom bulb when it was wet. The sentiment here is from the Altenew Holiday tag sentiments set. I added more of the white gel pen in a few spots where it was more of an outline rut from the first time around too.

This week Kia has us looking at the Putti fine furnishings for inspiration and I came across this metal tree.  And I had seen that Lydia has her first Fallidays challenge to do one of the old Watercolor Wednesday prompts that you may not have already done. and I knew there was a Christmas tree in a pot one seen here. ( I only did the one that looked on the Charlie Brown side) and while I was waiting for the last minute to make this, I had also seen Cathy issue an "Mini" slimline card challenge, so this fits that too. ( the cardstock was cut to 7" x 6" and scored at 3 1/2" on the 7" side) I know this will fit inside an A6 envelope but, I am also thinking I may have picked up a mini You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.










No comments: