10.08.2021

Inspired by {Anne of Green Gables }

 This week Kia has shared with us the Anne of Green Gables site and I happened across this light house tea towel that I loved the amount of texture it had for such a clean design. So, I started poking about in my lighthouse stamps looking for something that would mimic the one on the towel design wise and settled on this Stamps Happen the light keeper one. I love beach scene's.

I had stamped it with versafine on some Arches cotton watercolor paper and proceeded to paint it with some Daniel Smith paints and when it was dry I die cut it to fit the 6" square Die cuts with a view woven textured paper I chose. and the words were not quite perfect so, I went around with a tiny micron pen and "fixed" them. and even though the paint was dry before I die cut this. I ended up with black marks they must have transferred from my hand while I was doing that So, out came the scissors. and I cut around the outside of the out most framed line and then filled in that space with black paint as it had some half whacked off seagulls and only bits of the sentiment & D.Morgan's siggy in that space. ( it looked odd white with black splotches) I think this has a lot more drama with the bold black framing and I just may add another layer of black to the paint in those places later tomorrow in the daylight. I do not know how I will use this card as of yet, so I left off a sentiment. You can find this challenge here at Splitcoaststampers to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


1 comment:

Lynnecrafts said...

Love your lifeboat scene Stacy. I love Daniel Smith watercolours too, though I haven’t done any painting for a while
Take care
Hugs
Lynnecrafts 15