1.15.2021

Inspired by {Tim Holtz's Sizzix board}

 This week we are taking a look at Tim Holtz's sizzix pinterest board seen here for the Inspiration destination. Where I happened to come across this pin of these Cathedral Window gift tags  By Paula Cheney and was just totally gobsmacked. It was very much an Ah-Ha moment as I had bought this die months ago when it came out and really had no plan for it at all.

Seeing her tags were built from some premade thick chipboard I did cut these window frames repeatedly, the one on the left painted black is 3 layers of white 120# cardstock glued together, and the one on the right is two layers of white under a layer of strathmore canvas paper that was painted with a gesso / pale green acrylic paint. The view through the window panes are some yupo paper that has alcohol ink backgrounds done on it. 


I loved the texture of Paula's window frames and I tried with the black paint and a foam brush but, it did end up flat when it was dry. I think the texture of the canvas does not come through very well on the other because, of the quietness of the color. ( the alcohol inks were more of a show stopper I guess)

Wanting to make changes, I did use the layered robin die from Memory Box and the Finches die from Penny black for the birds.

The wreath here was Strathmore watercolor that was done in some shades of Distress Oxide inks a while back when I was doing "coffee" type colors for backgrounds and set aside, so there are variations on the colors and it adds to the interest a little I guess. The fiber is from fibers by the yard, the eye on the bird was done with some black Nuvo drops. The sentiment is a reverse printed one from Simon Says Stamp. 


This one the whirl Wreath ( Penny Black) was cut from some gold shimmer paper and has some white nuvo drops on it. the birds were cut from cream and grey printed papers and ( I had thought they were supposed to be chickadees and I brushed some gold ink on the bellies because of that, the eyes were done with nuvo drops. I did tie some May Arts Iridescent cord through the top of this to be a hanging tag and the sentiment here is a sticker from the Tim Holtz Christmas Noel pad. You can find this challenge here at SCS to play along with us. Thanks for stopping by.


No comments: