2.14.2020

Inspired by {the Manor}

This week we are taking a peek at the Manor online because, I found a snarky coffee mug that was a joke type thing one day on the internet and it made me go poking about. while I was there I decided on this bath bomb that looks like a geode and loved the colors and textures.


 I started out smooshing some blue and green distress oxide inks onto some cream cardstock with water and used the MFT stitched peek a boo die to make it a frame. and I had it in my head I would be doing some kind of embossing with enamels to get the lump golds like seen below and when I was walking around the table with the frame, I happened to see this gold scrap ( the textured paper is from Micheals) and decided that would work too.

 These tulips are from the Penny Black First Blooms set of dies and I cut them with watercolor paper and added some Kuretake Gansai watercolors to them. I ended up going over the gold petals with some of the burgundy and then adding more gold and they got really dark so, I did blot them while they were still wet. The sentiment is from the Mama Elephant birthday messages set cut with a Simon Says Stamp sentiment strip die. This card finished out on an A2 premade cardbase that I "think" maybe a hobby lobby brand. ( I have a shallow drawer of these to use up and none are in mfg packaging anymore) the packaging catches when you try to open and close the drawer haha so it was tossed a long time ago.

Isn't this pretty, Its hard to imagine actually using this and having it dissolve in a bath its so pretty. You can find this challenge here to play along with us, thanks for stopping by.

No comments: