2.26.2017

Fiddy

 So, it finally happened my husband had the half a century mark birthday today and when people would ask him knowing his b-day was coming up how old he was going to be he would mutter "fiddy" which just made me laugh.  I know this is not a very "traditional" 50th birthday card and that's OK its personalized. for as long as I have known my husband he has collected piggy banks & saved coins and rolled them and counted them etc. and for the last few years its become more difficult to come across Silver Dollars. so, I started saving Eisenhower's a few years ago in anticipation of this day. when I was about half way through the process I came across this Tim Holtz Piggy Bank blueprint stamp and decided that sealed the deal.

 I have not colored in a very long time so, this is just a closer look ( mostly pencils on Neenah done while standing up off and on last week)

A peek at the inside, the happy Birthday is from Altenew birthday greetings set and the looks good is from the Honey bee "smile" set. this one finished out at 6" square in real life.

2 comments:

KarinsArtScrap said...

o he is cute and beautiful card Stacy
Gr Karin

Janice M said...

Fun card and perfect for him! For Rog's 50th me an the boys bought an wrapped 50 presents! A lot of favorite treats/snacks and some gag gifts and than a few "real" presents! He had fun with it.