5.06.2011

April Christmas Cards {late}

These were all shot totally in manual with an DSLR and interesting thing i have noticed about my photos lately is on my personal lap top the exposure is spot on... if i open up say facebook on my work desktop the photos are dark. and I know monitors view things differently but, it makes me wonder sometimes what other people see. I get enough hey good shot comments to know that some people must have monitors that "like" my photos as much as my own laptop does... but, it makes me curious some days on how many people view them and think to them selves Why is she getting those comments lol... at any rate I signed up to do 6 Christmas cards a month on a challenge thread inside splitcoast last January ish and I was ahead of the game for a while... didnt make any Christmas cards at all while we had Kashmir... so the other day i realized i never did do April and thought ok just grab 6 images off the top ( I have piles and piles of already colored images from when its just too cold and dark to do much anything else) (and we have snow in our forecast for next week again too... this winter has been dragin') so this was the last one. its an Impression Obsession image with a bit of seam binding i sprayed with sparkle in a bottle cant think of its name but tattered angels is all that comes to mind ( a long time ago) scrap of basic grey pp. its 5X7 in real life. all of these cards have no sentiment... could use them as what ever when needed i supposed and all lean a little towards the clean and simple line. Impression Obsession winter pelican, the wiggle under it is part of a piece of self adhesive basic grey chipboard that was RAK'd to me, never played with this stuff... colored it with a copic. and what i learned is the adhesive on it is not move able... if you look closely at the line at the end of it you will see that I tore the top of the bazzill when i put the first piece of this there and it looked crooked. so when i pulled on it, the chipboard made it self cut in half, the adhesive part stayed put. finally got it up and ended up putting a second piece in nearly the same position because of the tear in the cardstock. its also 5X7 in real life. an Elzybells image ( think its name was Snowman Landscape?) something like that anyways. colored with prisma pencils. the scrap of cardboard style lumpy paper had a small tear in the bottom so i dragged a pair of scissors around the edges to distress it further. This is a Mo Manning design ( cant think of its name ) but, I got it from Stamping Bella and the dot pp is from K&Co. an either a wish rak image or an pay-it-forward swap image ( can't remember ) know Ive had it colored for years though, wanted it to do a simple card for J once upon a time an i think i ended up buying the house mouse stamp with the mice eating cookies under a pine bough. so, it never made it into a card. this ones an A-2 size in real life on that same pre-made card base as the cards for the troops from the other day. the 6th image turned out to be one i had horse traded for on purpose to make a card specifically for my grand parents and so, its under construction. will post it later i suppose. :)

2 comments:

Janice M said...

Great cards Stacy! Love that chickadee one. Glad to see you back in the card making mode, I've missed seeing your cards.

Janice M said...

forget to mention.... I have the same issues with photos, I'll edit and post them on my laptop, then when I see them on one of the other computers in the house I'm like what's this??!! So flustrating!